Procrastination is oh so common during this time of the year…finding the right gift for your loved ones can be a difficult task – and leaving it until the last minute can cause even the most zen person anxiety. For all of you last minute shoppers out there, I’ve rounded up some of my ultimate favourite things from this past year that would make perfect gifts for your Mother, Sister, Besties or perhaps you will find something that you want to add to your own wish list!
1. Byredo Eau de Parfum 1996 Inez & Vinoodh – $175: Launched late into 2013, this unisex Oriental woody fragrance is currently my favourite scent from Swedish perfume house Byredo. Founder Ben Gorham teamed up with Inez & Vinoodh for this special collaboration inspired by a photograph of a young girl entitled “Kristen 1996” taken by the fame photog duo in that year.
2. Mackage Jori Medium Crossbody Bag – $495 : Although Mackage has just entered it’s second season of accessories, one could easily believe that this leather and outerwear brand has been creating gorge, must-have bags for years. This season, the Jori Crossbody Bag was the standout star of the collection. *Also available in a black & blue combination and all black.
3. “It” by Alexa Chung – approx $20: Already a Model, TV Personality, and Designer; “Brit-It” girl Alexa Chung can now add Author to her list of achievements. Chung’s newly released hardcover book shares her influences/inspirations, musings and gives readers a glimpse into her life via drawings, pictures and personal writing.
4. Acne Studios “Merci” Leather Jacket in Grey – Original Price $2,068 Sale Price $1,448: I don’t think I’ve ever met an Acne piece I didn’t like. The brand seems to have nailed down leather moto jackets with the quality of materials used, cut and design. The proof…the brand’s “Merci” loose fit moto. The rich leather in a grey colour is absolutely stunning and allows the jacket to be worn in any season.
5. Samsung Galaxy Optical Zoom Digital Camera – $499: Shoot, edit and share your pics and videos with this tablet-like digital camera. With 16 mega pixels, it delivers crisp and clear photos and stunning Full HD video, this camera is a must for documenting special moments or for taking the perfect selfie. Best part…using the 4.8″ touchscreen , you can edit your photos to ensure they are Instagram worthy and share them immediately on your social media accounts or via email.
6. Caravelle Oversized Men’s Gold Watch – $85: There is nothing more sexy than a classic, over-sized Men’s watch on a woman and in my opinion, the bigger the better. Bulova’s newly launched watch collection inspired by New York City has beautifully crafted watches guaranteed to enhance any outfit with unbelievably attractive price points. The collection can be purchased at Sears and Ben Moss locations.
7. Thierry Lasry Deeply Sunglasses – $440: Handmade in France, Thierry Lasry frames are the epitome of chic. I got introduced to the sunglasses brand at Pink Tartan’s flagship location and immediately fell in love with the line’s aesthetic. Totally crushed out on this pair’s thick ombre frame with scaled-down lenses.
8. Mulberry Textured Leather Jewelry Case – $600: What better way for a gal to pack and carry her prize jewelry possessions than in this luxe textured leather case? The ideal gift for any savvy traveler, the case has three separate components to keep all delicate pieces separated.