Another holiday season is upon us and during this time it’s easy to get sidetracked by year end work deadlines and an obscene amount of seasonal parties. So where does this leave the task of purchasing gifts for your loved ones? I think it’s safe to say that it falls pretty low on the list of things “to-do” and when left for last minute, it can lead to a lot of anxiety. Although I can’t physically go out and buy the gifts for your loved ones, I can certainly help out with some gift ideas that may be helpful when you begin your shopping. I’ve rounded up a lust list of items that would make perfect gifts for the gals in your life and perhaps you will even find something you want to add to your own wish list!
1. LITTLE BLACK DRESS A crucial part of getting through the holidays is having the right pieces in your wardrobe and the perfect “LBD” can be a lifesaver. Although you may be a busy bee in the coming weeks shopping for family and friends, I am a big advocate of buying a little something for yourself along the way…it’s harmless. Whether it’s a work holiday party, cocktails with girlfriends, a chic Christmas Day dinner or a New Year’s Eve fete, the textured dress with plunging neckline I’m wearing above from the Elle by RW&Co Limited Edition ($169.99) collection is perfect for any festivity and can be worn for seasons to come. View the entire fashion forward capsule dress collection here.
2 & 3. FOR THE BEAUTY OBSESSED Every beauty obsessed babe has a fave scent and “go-to” beauty makeup products that can make them smell and look fabulous in a pinch. My adoration for Diptyque candles has now turned into love for the brand’s perfume. Eau Duelle Parfum by Diptyqye ($165) is currently my favourite and has rich and deep notes featuring a sensuous bourbon vanilla scent. Makeup is a great as a stocking stuffer and Make Up For Ever’s “Beauty Kit” ($45) offers 6 of the brand’s iconic products that can create the perfect holiday look. Enclosed is the Mini HD Microperfecting Primer, Mini HD Microfinish Powder, Smoky Extravagant Mascara, Mini Aqua Eye and Lip Pencils and the perfect red lippy.
4. CAN’T GO WRONG I don’t think it matters whether a woman lives in a city with four seasons or it’s hot all year round, if she’s seriously into fashion then she will need a statement leather jacket. And seriously who does moto’s better than Scandinavian brand Acne? Their Shearling Trimmed Leather Biker Jacket ($1,950) is a modern classic. It comes with a detachable shearling collar, luxe oversized hardware and premium lambskin leather. It will no doubt bring a smile to whomever receives it and they will be set to start the new year in style.
5. FOR THE HOSTESS OR SAVVY TRAVELER The ideal gift for a hostess, co-worker or a fashionista who is a well heeled traveler. This LUXE City Guides gift set ($60) will assist in navigating the fashion capital cities of the world; London, Paris, Milan, New York and Sydney. These pocket (or clutch) sized guide books advise on the best shopping, eats and drinks each city has to offer.
6. FOR THE COOL DOWNTOWN GIRL The right pair of sunnies sometimes is just the thing you need to transform an outfit and it’s better than any beauty secret when you want to cover bags under your eyes or go makeup free. Sure, traditional black sunglasses are cool, but nothing is cooler than The Row’s Tortoiseshell Round Framed Acetate Sunglasses ($400).
7. BATHROOM BLISS There is undoubtedly items that we don’t necessarily buy for ourselves but would LOVE to receive them or would definitely purchase for someone else. Bath Bomb’s products are my latest obsession and I couldn’t think of a more thoughtful gift for someone you know is in desperate need of R&R during the holiday season. Dense in essential oils, butters and other rejuvenating components, adding one of their bombs will transport you to a beautifully smelling parallel universe. BathNogg Holiday Gift Set ($25.95).
8. SPORTY SPICE There is not much of a separation between fitness apparel and street fashion these days. For the “Sporty Spice” in your life, Nike’s Tech Pack Butterfly Hoodie ($160) is the perfect gift. It can be worn to exercise in or can be a transitional piece to take you throughout the day paired with her regular street wear. *Can be found in Nike Retail Stores, Sport Chek, and Sporting Life locations in Canada.
9. SECRET SANTA Always get stuck with when it comes to Secret Santa gifts? I will be honest, it can be tricky to find something chic to give to someone for under $20. RW&Co has come to my rescue this season with their extensive accessories collection with luxe looking jewelry. These Vintage Inspired Button Earrings ($16) has a stunning faceted center stone flanked by a micro pave rhinestone hailo border.
Make sure to stay tuned as I will be launching a contest to give away one of these amazing gifts to a lucky follower. The giveaway will be announced on Monday December 1st at noon.